Location: Mt. High Fire
Date: August 4, 2022
Time: 1900 hours
August 2022 Meeting Minutes
- Representatives of each member department were accounted for: Allgood, Bangor, Blountsville, Brooksville, Cleveland, Dallas/Selfville, Holly Springs, Locust Fork, Mount High, Murphree Valley, Nectar, Oneonta, Pine Mountain, Remlap, Ricetown, Royal, Snead, Straight Mountain, Summit, Susan Moore, West Blount
- Member Departments not present: Blount County RS, Rosa
- Associate members present: EMA, Forestry, Special OPS, Blount EMS, AL Fire College
- Associate Members not present: 911/COMMS, STV-Blount, Law Enforcement, Coroner, Lifesaver, RAMS, Survival Flight, Red Cross, District Attorney, VOAD.
· Special Thanks to Gregg Armstrong for recognizing all Responders at the Locust Fork Game
· Amber Wade with First Due
Previous Meeting Minutes
- Motion to Accept: Chief Stockton – Dallas Selfville
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Chief Reed – Nectar
- Minutes were approved with no objections
- Motion to Accept: Chief Payne - Allgood
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Chief Stockton – Dallas Selfville
- Reports was approved with no objections
· No Old Business
· No Report
- Fuelman Report - Our annual budget is $60,000 we have used $90,863
- ICS 300 & 400, still needing people to sign up for the class
- Fuel Receipts are due each Monday.
· Blount EMS contract will expire September 30th, 2022
· AT&T is still having issues, they are trying to get it resolved.
· The new sites will be on the network the week of September 15th.
911 Board Rep.
· Need to get with the MCA and get numbers to get the process started.
· Mobile Water is November 5th, and 6th
· Rope I is August 29th, you can sign up for the class on the Alabama Fire College website.
· Rope II is August 14th-16th, you can sign up for the class on the Alabama Fire College website.
· The Grain Bin training is August 30th (Night) and August 31st (Day) at the Oneonta Airport
· Need Blount County’s EMS Provider and Telecommunicator by October
· The Advanced Class psyco skills is September 10th
· Lifeguard will take over the contract October 1st
AL Fire College
· The CO-OP pays Mississippi Farm Bureau to come do the training for the Grain Bin Class. You can go to the Alabama Fire College Website to sign up for the training.
· Blount County has completed 19 classes with 271 students
Jr. FF Camp
· The video is posted
NO Report from the following Departments:
· Fire Prevention
· Explorer Post
· Law Enforcement
· State Fire Marshall
· District Atty Office
· Al LifeSaver
· Survival Flight
· Red Cross
· Need to contact VFIS for insurance on the Junior FF camp trailer
· The covered Bridge Festival October 8th
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 2010 hours.
The next meeting will be held on September 1st at STV-Blount with meal at 1830.
Meeting Locations – 2022
Jan 6 – Remlap Feb 3– Nectar March 3 – West Blount
April 7 – Susan Moore May 5 – Blountsville Jun 2 – Straight Mnt
Jul 7 – Pine Mnt Aug 4 – Mt. High/Rtown Sept 1 – STV-Blount
Oct 6 – Holly Springs Nov 3 – Oneonta Dec 1 – Palisades/DA
Blount Co. Fire & EMS Association