Blount County Health Care Authority
P. O. Box 892
To: Blount County Fire Departments
RE: Funding for Blount County Fire Departments
Date: Sept. 2, 2014
1. The Blount Co. Health Care Authority’s fiscal year starts Oct. 1st. All purchases made by a department in which they expect to be reimbursed must be made between Oct. 1st and May 31st of the following year. Example (Oct. 1st 2014 and May 31st 2015). All payment requests for quotes must be in by March 31st and all invoices to match quotes must be in by May 31st. Failure to send invoices will restrict future funding.
2. Combining more than one year’s reimbursements in order to have more money for bigger purchases cannot be done. Reimbursements are based on actual cost incurred by a fire department during the Health Care Authority’s fiscal year. Any and all request are subject to the Authority’s guidelines. This is a subsidy to each Department for a maximum of $1,500.00 to try and assist each Department with its emergency equipment.
3. Starting with this funding year, non- direct health care items may be also qualify for reimbursement i.e. computers and software that is used in records and reports.
4. ALS departments can ask for reimbursement for replacement medication and medical supplies that have either been used or are out of date. The medication and medical supplies reimbursement is up to a maximum of $1,000.00 and cannot be combined with any other type of funding from the Authority and must be a separate request.
5. All reimbursement requests must be submitted to the Fire Association and then forwarded to the Authority for approval.
Any department that feels that their request for reimbursement
was not handled fairly or correctly, may ask for a review of their request. This should be done in writing and submitted through the Fire Association to the Authority. Any review request must be submitted no later than August 31st of the funding year.
Funding for this fiscal year is in place and these guide lines will stay the same for the remainder of this year. The Authority will review these guide lines and other issues and will inform the Fire Association of any changes before next year’s funding request deadline.
Jerry L. Jones, Chairman
Blount Co. Health Care Authority