Location: St. Vincent’s Blount
Date: September 1, 2022
Time: 1900 hours
September 2022 Meeting Minutes
- Representatives of each member department were accounted for: Allgood, Bangor, Blount County RS, Blountsville, Brooksville, Cleveland, Dallas/Selfville, Holly Springs, Locust Fork, Mount High, Murphree Valley, Nectar, Oneonta, Pine Mountain, Remlap, Ricetown, Rosa, Snead, Straight Mountain, Summit, Susan Moore, West Blount
- Member Departments not present: Royal
- Associate members present: EMA, 9-1-1, Special OPS, STV-Blount, BREMSS, Blount EMS, CORONER, LifeGuard
- Associate Members not present: Forestry, Law Enforcement, State FM, Lifesaver, RAMS, Survival Flight, Red Cross, District Atty, AL Fire College, VOAD
· LifeGuard – Blake Dozer, Sunbelt Fire, AllPro - Ryan
Previous Meeting Minutes
- Motion to Accept: Assistant Chief - Robertson
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Assistant Chief - Hobson
- Minutes were approved with no objections
- Motion to Accept: Chief Payne - Allgood
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Chief Stockton – Dallas Selfville
- Reports was approved with no objections
· Need to get in touch wit VFIS for the value on the junior FF camp trailer.
· The covered bridge festival is October 8th, Summit, Remlap, and Pine Mtn will work the Association booth.
· No Report
- Fuelman Report - Our annual budget is $60,000 we have used $99,945
- ICS 300 & 400, still needing people to sign up for the class
- Fuel Receipts are due each Monday.
· Blount EMS contract will expire September 30th, 2022
· AT&T is still having issues, they are trying to get it resolved.
· The new sites will be on the network the week of September 15th.
911 Board Rep.
· No Report
· Mobile Water is November 5th, and 6th
· Rope I – 16 people finished the class successfully
· Explorer weekend is October 28th-30th
· 81 deaths as of August 31st
· There was 50 people who completed the Grain Bin class in Oneonta from around the state.
· Trying to get physicals again for first responders for free
· Need Blount County’s EMS Provider and Telecommunicator by October
· BREMSS Banquet is Nov. 15th
· Trying to work out if Fire Departments only work games getting HCA to pay them.
· Lifeguard will take over the contract October 1st
· Thanks everyone for the help
Jr. FF Camp
· Camp is June 6th-9th 2023
NO Report from the following Departments:
· Fire Prevention
· Explorer Post
· Law Enforcement
· State Fire Marshall
· AL Fire College
· District Atty Office
· Al LifeSaver
· Survival Flight
· Red Cross
· Youth Football Games will pay EMTs $100-$125 per game if they can work. Talk to Station 7 personal
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 2036 hours.
The next meeting will be held on October 6th at Holly Springs with meal at 1830.
Meeting Locations – 2022
Jan 6 – Remlap Feb 3– Nectar March 3 – West Blount
April 7 – Susan Moore May 5 – Blountsville Jun 2 – Straight Mnt
Jul 7 – Pine Mnt Aug 4 – Mt. High/Rtown Sept 1 – STV-Blount
Oct 6 – Holly Springs Nov 3 – Oneonta Dec 1 – Palisades/DA
Blount Co. Fire & EMS Association