Date: February 2, 2023
BCFEMSA February 2023 Meeting Minutes
- Representatives of each member department were accounted for: Allgood, Bangor, Blount County Rescue Squad, Blountsville, Brooksville, Cleveland, Dallas Selfville, Holly Springs, Locust Fork, Mount High, Murphree Valley, Nectar, Oneonta, Pine Mountain, Remlap, Ricetown, Royal, Straight Mountain, Summit, Susan Moore, West Blount
- Member Departments not present: Rosa, Snead
- Associate members present: EMA, 911 Commission, Forestry, Special Ops, BREMSS, Lifeguard
- Associate Members not present: St. Vincent’s Blount, Law Enforcement, State Fire Marshall’s Office, RAMS, Survival Flight, Red Cross, District Attorney, Alabama Fire College, VOAD
- Derek Coker Nectar Town Council
Previous Meeting Minutes
- Motion to Accept: Scott Payne
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Andrew Robertson
- Minutes were approved with no objections.
- Motion to Accept: Jeremy Peek
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Scott Payne
- Reports were approved with no objections.
- Possibility of a regional grant.
- Truck Check Offs due ASAP.
- Financial Reports due 4/6/23
- There was an issue with an incorrect radio that has been resolved.
- Still working through radio issues
- PSA app $50/ year per device.
- January is the last month of the 90-day grace period for Lifeguard.
- Meeting January 9th
- If you have questions about specific calls, see Chris.
- $39,506, 39.5% annual budget. January 9,119
- PSA invoices will go out the 6th.
- Email Heidi for billing and username information
- Email Chris Price for 911 questions, Neal Brooks is no longer director.
- Hoping to announce 911 appointment in the next two weeks.
- 2 more radio frequencies opening soon.
- Volunteer classes at AFC free for volunteers
- ISO class 2/6/2023
- Bridge program, 160-FF coming soon.
- Grant check applications by email.
- 50/50 grant now 100% of %100,000 for all state departments.
- District 2 meeting- twice a year, in January and July 27th
- Received things that were ordered.
- Need to restock mass casualty trailer.
- HAZMAT response needs $10-20k.
- Email Seehusen for Special Ops interest.
- Stroke Symposium April 14th
- EMS Challenge
- BLS instructor February 11-12
- Working on staffing
Jr. FF Camp
- Camp is June 6th-9th
- Need female volunteers.
NO Report from the following Departments:
Fire prevention, explorer post, St. Vincent’s Blount, Sheriff’s Office, State Fire Marshall, Coroner, DA’s Office, RAMS, Survival Flight, Alabama Fire College, Red Cross, VOAD.
- “Nurse navigator” is in legislation.
- Birmingham has a surplus of engines.
- BCRS has added a dog team.
Bylaws change proposal:
Article IX Membership in Good Standing
Membership to the Blount County Fire and EMS Association shall consist of the following departments: Allgood, Bangor, Blountsville, Brooksville, Cleveland, Dallas Selfville, Holly Springs, Locust Fork, Mount High, Murphree Valley, Nectar, Oneonta, Pine Mountain, Remlap, Ricetown, Rosa, Royal, Snead, Straight Mountain, Summit, Susan Moore, West Blount, Blount County Rescue Squad.
For any new fire department, rescue squad, EMS agency, or any variation of these to be added as a member to the Blount County Fire and EMS Association, a vote of approval from the Blount County Commission, Blount County 911 Board, and a super-majority vote from the Blount County Fire and EMS Association Board of Directors is required.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 20:31.
The next meeting will be held on March 2nd at West Blount with a meal at 18:30.
Meeting Locations – 2023
Jan 5 – Remlap Feb 2 – Nectar March 2 – West Blount
April 6 – Susan Moore May 4 – Blountsville Jun 1 – Straight Mtn.
Jul 6 – Pine Mountain Aug 3 – Dallas Selfville Sept 7 – STV-Blount
Oct 5 – Holly Springs Nov 2 – Palisades Dec 7 – Oneonta
Blount Co. Fire & EMS Association