Date: May 4th, 2023
BCFEMSA February 2023 Meeting Minutes
- Representatives of each member department were accounted for: Bangor, Blount County Rescue Squad, Blountsville, Brooksville, Cleveland, Dallas Selfville, Holly Springs, Locust Fork, Mount High, Murphree Valley, Nectar, Oneonta, Pine Mountain, Remlap, Ricetown, Rosa, Snead, Straight Mountain, Summit, Susan Moore, West Blount
- Member Departments not present: Allgood, Royal
- Associate members present: EMA, Special Ops, Lifeguard, Coroner, VOAD
- Associate Members not present: 911 commission, forestry, St. Vincent’s Blount, BREMSS, Law Enforcement, State Fire Marshall’s Office, RAMS, Survival Flight, Red Cross, District Attorney, Alabama Fire College
- All Pro, Sunbelt
Previous Meeting Minutes
- Motion to Accept: Jeremy Peek
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Tyler Seehusen
- Minutes were approved with no objections.
- Motion to Accept: Andrew Robertson
- 2nd Motion to Accept: Jeremy Peek
- Reports were approved with no objection.
- At 61% of Fuelman budget for the year
- Homeland Security grant opens in June.
- Working out issues in the radio system
- Rope II May 22-24
- Vehicle Machinery and Extrication Equipment class in November
- Training at Southeastern the week of June 12th.
- Need funding for adding a hydrant at the drill field.
- Building a new training tower
- Looking to get a grant for HAZMAT equipment
- MDAC Meeting rescheduled
- Working with 911 to allow Lifeguard to directly access CAD.
- “Thank you as always”
Jr. FF Camp
- Camp is June 6th-9th 2023 with setup on the 5th.
- Need female volunteers.
NO Report from the following Departments:
911 board, Fire Prevention, Explorer post, Forestry, St. Vincent’s Blount, Sheriff’s Office, State Fire Marshall, DA’s Office, AL Lifesaver, RAMS, Survival Flight, Alabama Fire College, Red Cross, VOAD.
- West Blount is trying to get on the subdivision agenda to create a code for fire hydrants, if anyone would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Let the utility board know how much water you use.
- Sunbelt is doing a drawing for lights each month.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 20:10
The next meeting will be held on June 1st at Straight Mountain (The Anchor on Highland Lake) with a meal at 18:30.
Meeting Locations – 2023
Jan 5 – Remlap Feb 2 – Nectar March 2 – West Blount
April 6 – Susan Moore May 4 – Blountsville Jun 1 – Straight Mtn.
Jul 13 – Pine Mountain Aug 3 – Dallas Selfville Sept 7 – STV-Blount
Oct 5 – Holly Springs Nov 2 – Palisades Dec 7 – Oneonta
Blount Co. Fire & EMS Association