Date: January 5, 2023
BCFEMSA January 2023 Meeting Minutes
• Representatives of each member department were accounted for: Allgood, Bangor, Blount County Rescue Squad, Blountsville, Brooksville, Cleveland, Dallas Selfville, Holly Springs, Locust Fork, Mount High, Murphree Valley, Nectar, Oneonta, Pine Mountain, Remlap, Ricetown, Rosa, Royal, Snead, Straight Mountain, Summit, Susan Moore, West Blount
• Member Departments not present: N/A
• Associate members present: EMA, 911 Commission, BREMSS, Lifeguard, coroner, Air Evac
• Associate Members not present: Forestry, Special Ops, St. Vincent’s Blount, Law Enforcement, State Fire Marshall’s Office, RAMS, Survival Flight, Red Cross, District Attorney, Alabama Fire College, VOAD
• Kenneth from Allpro
Previous Meeting Minutes
• Motion to Accept: Jeremy Peek
• 2nd Motion to Accept: Jon Head
• Minutes were approved with no objections.
• Motion to Accept: Billy Glass
• 2nd Motion to Accept: Justin Guthrie
• Reports were approved with no objections.
• Motion to allow OFD to apply for Walmart Grant for Special Ops on behalf or BCFEMSA
• Fuel Man
• Truck check-offs due 2/2/2023: please email or give them to Abby.
• Financial reports due 4/6/2023, send or give to Abby.
• ISO New Chief Info.: free ISO class through AFC February 6th @ Hoover Winfrey
• See Jon Head or Chris Hill for questions about calls.
• November- 572 priority 1 calls. Attempted to roll 36 calls. 23 zero status
• At 27% for the quarter
• All mutual Aid agreements have been signed.
• Radios are slowly progressing.
• Installs are beginning.
• CAD app for phones $50 per device
• Should be getting an email from Patrick at MCA if you haven’t already.
• Meeting later this month
• EVD class Jan. 16-21
• Contact Seehusen or Ivey with class interest or Special Ops interest.
• MDAC meeting Jan. 10
• QI plans for ALS departments
• Executive committee Jan. 18
• EMS Challenge 09:00-14:30 Wallace, Oneonta\
• April 14th- stroke symposium
• NCCR refresher material is being worked on
• Gary Burns, Operations Manager
• More medics have been hired.
• “Thank you for always helping us out.”
Alabama Fire College
• Fire Chief’s Conference February 6-8
• Self-study EMT program
Jr. FF Camp
• Camp is June 6th-9th 2023.
• Discussed forming a camp committee.
NO Report from the following Departments:
St. Vincent’s Blount
State Fire Marshall
District Attorney’s Office
• Read Association rules for membership.
• Alabama Ethics Commission- Chiefs, Assistant Chiefs, town clerks- have to fill out an ethics form every year.
• Seehusen- possible regional grant.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 20:22.
The next meeting will be held on February 2nd at Nectar with a meal at 18:30.
*Meeting dates and locations below HAVE been updated for 2023*
Meeting Locations – 2023
Jan 5 – Remlap Feb 2 – Nectar March 2 – West Blount
April 6 – Susan Moore May 4 – Blountsville Jun 1 – Straight Mtn.
Jul 6 – Pine Mountain Aug 3 – Dallas Selfville Sept 7 – STV-Blount
Oct 5 – Holly Springs Nov 2 – Palisades Dec 7 – Oneonta
Blount Co. Fire & EMS Association